Chocolate-Baileys-Truffels with roasted espressobeans - I love truffling 💗


Some people think I'm crazy, some people think I lie! Well....here's the truth: I don't like chocolate! Sweet stuff in general is nothing I die for. In fact when I was invited for coffee and cake in the afternoon which is very common in Germany - there was always a cheese sandwich waiting for me - at least with the ones that know me. When I was pregnant...some thought it might kick inn. No, it didn't! Only craving I had was for apricots. Sadly it was already the end of the season so Ella's poor daddy had to ceck all the supermarkets in a drivable radius and buy out their apricot stock ;) 
But that doesn't mean that I don't like making cakes and cookies and truffles - I just don't eat them 😉 The only bad thing is that I have to try the ganache - if no sweet tooth is around - just as I do it with all my other stuff too... 

It's only fall I know but Christmas time is just around the corner - believe me! And if you want to impress your social environment with a little chocolaty present you might want to practice a little bit. Don't be scared. These truffles are easy to make but it takes a little practice to get them nice, round and extremely good looking 😉





Here's what you need!

  • 350 gr powdered sugar
  • 250 gr unsalted butter
  • 3 ts  organic cocoa powder
  • ca. 20-30 Espresso beans
  • 3-4 ts Baileys
  • Chocolate coating white (200gr) and dark (300 gr)
  • Paper cases 
  • Piping bags

 Here's what you do!

Mix the butter until it's soft and fluffy and the powdered sugar and a tiny bit of salt and whisk til it's fluffy again. Now you add the cocoa powder, whisk some more and add the Baileys. Whisk again until you have a creamy texture. Set the ganache aside and put your espresso beans in pan (no oil!!!) Roast them a bit - not too long so they taste too bitter. We just want them to be crushed easily. Now you can you as mortar and pure muscle power or one of those fancy choppers. Just be careful that they don't get to fine or stay to big. Add about half of it to the ganache and mix it again.

And now - try it! Is it too sweet? Add some cocoa powder? Baileys taste is not strong enough? Add some more! Taste too much like butter? Add some salt and some cocoa powder! Trust your palate! Now set the bowl in the fridge for a while until the ganache got hard enough to be rolled in evenly balls. I use a simple spoon I dip in water in between. If the ganache gets too soft to work with, set it back in the fridge. After a while you should have beautiful rows of beautiful chocolate balls. Put them back in the fridge and start melting the coating chocolate. Fill the chocolate in piping bags and get your chocolate balls out of the fridge. Start with the dark one and cover the truffles with even lines. When you are done take the white one do the same. Now you have to be fast. Sprinkle the rest of your crushed espresso beans on top before the chocolate cools off. Now put them back in fridge, let them rest for 2-3 hours, put them in your beautiful little paper cases and impress your guests!

Comments

Popular Posts